Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas!!!


This year for Christmas we started at my Dads house (Grandpa Mels & Grandma Jeans) early Christmas Eve. Jay got a big Aircraft carrier, a Airforce jacket, football, old school Chicago Bears helmet. Jason got a Chicago Bears Walter Payton #34 Jersey, and a old school Chicago Bears helmet too just a different color then Jays. I got a big flat grill, a christmas plate, and a christmas elf that sat on a chair on top of a turtle. We then stopped by my sister Kims house to say "hi", give them there picture frame we made for them, show them the new puppy and pick up a portable DVD player for the road the next day. We visited with them for a little bit and let the kids play with the new puppy. Then later Christmas Eve night we went home and had a very yummy ham dinner with my mom (Grandma Judy). We each opened up one gift which is the same thing every year Pajamas...its been my family tradition sense I was a kid to get pajamas on christmas eve... got to love the traditions! My mom spent the night so she could spend Christmas morning with us. Christmas morning I was the first one up (go figure)! I got to shower and everything before anyone else woke up. Finally around 8am we started our christmas morning. Jay was really excited to see that santa had came and left him presents. After we had opened all the presents we had christmas breakfast with my mom. Then it was all a rush after that... trying to get cleaned up from breakfast, make lunches for the road, pack all our clothes, and presents. We drove to Moab in a total blizzard on Christmas to go surprise Jason's mom and grandma for there Christmas gift. We got there later that evening and both Bonnie and GG were totally surprised to see us there. We stayed with Jasons cousin Kelly and her husband Collin. The next day we had a really good Prime Rib dinner that Bonnie and Ron (Jasons step dad) cooked for us. Saturday evening we got home to find 2 feet of snow in our driveway. We couldn't even pull our truck into the driveway before shoveling. Overall I think we had a good Christmas... Thank you everyone for the very nice gifts!

1 comment:

Wood Family Memories said...

Heather,

Looks like you "ALL" totally enjoyed your Christmas holiday :) I loved watching all your slideshows of all the fun gifts you got! I can't believe how much snow you got - that is just crazy, even crazier that you had to drive in it...

Miss you tons! Give hugs and kisses